General Purpose of Position:
To assist in the parental and church commission to build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry at Rockford Springs Community Church.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Director of Youth Ministries (DYM) reports to the Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Pastor, in cooperation with the Session, will provide a quarterly evaluation of the DYM’s performance.
The Primary Goals:
The primary goals of the DYM are:
- Shepherding the youth of RSCC
- Giving oversight to all youth activities.
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of relationship building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Be available to youth in a variety of ways to help develop healthy relationships. (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
- Foster open communication with parents.
- Be aware of and make use of resources for developing the youth ministry and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Coordinate the Sunday school curriculum and assist in recruiting teachers.
- Teach classes.
- Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community.
- Work in partnership with the Evangelism Committee to effectively reach youth in the community and develop a strategic youth ministry outreach plan.
- Keep records of youth participation.
- Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
- Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
- Prepare an annual budget for needs of the youth division for recommendation to the trustees; administer the approved budget according to policy.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- A male with a personal, maturing relationship with the Lord.
- Agree with the Biblical and reformed doctrine of Rockford Springs Community Church and the Orthodox Presbyterian Church.
- A love for youth. Has a genuine holistic concern for youth including their spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being;
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Must show a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics as listed in 1Tim.3.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- A active participant in the worship and life of Rockford Springs Community Church.
- Pass a criminal background check.
Hours and Compensation:
$20 per hour and 20-hours per week.
Please send resumes and inquiries to Office@RockfordSprings.org